Friday, 11 August 2017

Welcome To Dating Sites


So if you don't follow me on Twitter - and if not, why are you not? - then you'll have seen that I'm back on dating sites. Yep, I've been a single pringle for almost 3 months now, so I'm a free agent and back on the sometimes-hell, also called Badoo. It's a chat/dating site, has the same swiping feature as Tinder, and also lets you know when you've bumped into someone within about quarter of a mile.

Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's hell on Earth. All depends on the day it seems!

Last time I done a three part series of this back in 2013, which you can read all about in the follow places!


As you can tell, it's a proper thriller. Anway, back to the present. So now I'm single once again, I've decided to come back on Badoo and see what people are out there now. I've a very different person to who I was 4 years ago, so I have a better mindset and better outlook on life and myself.


I've been back on the site for about 2/3 weeks now and wow. Out of about 100 men that I've spoken to, 90% of them have been assholes! The other 10% have been pretty fun to chat to, and I've even swapped numbers with a few of the seemingly sane ones.

What have I learnt about dating sites in 2017? Let me tell you...

  • Unwanted dick pics are apparently still a thing
  • Even had a few tit pics from women as well which was a whole new experience!
  • 'Hi' is the most boring conversation starter
  • Not all the men on there are bad, there are some really nice people on there
  • Patience is a virtue
  • Men think to comment on the size of my tits as a conversational opener will be good idea. It is not
  • The block/report button is your best friend
  • 50% of people will not read a damn thing from your profile
  • A lot of guys you think 'hell yes' to, are 100+ miles away from you
  • It is, in someways, a confidence booster
  • You will get random men's phone numbers straight away, without even a greeting
  • I've had 3 marriage proposals already
  • It's really hard to think of something witty as a conversation opener
  • You will find people on there that you already know from work/school etc

I've honestly had so many dick pics sent to me in the past month, that I could make a fancy collage of them all saying the word 'no' pretty soon. Maybe will take that up as a new hobby...

Are you on any dating sites and have found any of the above to me the same/true of your experiences? Let me know so I know I'm not alone! Hope you have a great day and keep safe :)


post signature
Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | YouTube | Tumblr | Pinterest | Facebook



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe people come out with proposals on there all the time - that seems so odd! You should totally make the no dick pic collage haha, and send it back to anyone that sends you a new one!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very odd experience to deal with! I declined them all with a very simple 'no' but that didn't deter some of them! I wish I could make such a collage and then hang it in some gallery, haha! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...